Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Al Ernst Imaged The Tough Sh2-53 Nebula In The Scutum Constellation

 Al Says, "We don't see Sh2-53 imaged very often from around here (the New Jersey area) but I thought I'd give it a try". 

I didn't recognize the image or the designation number so I looked it up. Sharpless 53 is not a bright nebula but it can be imaged with smaller scopes than Al's, although they will need significantly more exposure times. Also, there are also a few nearby Sharpless nebulae that aren't shown in his field of view but can be seen in a wider field scope.

An impressive "try", I'd add ~ nice job!

He used his C-14 scope, a QSI-583 camera, for 8x5 minutes through a narrowband Ha filter.  He then calibrated in Nebulosity and processed in Photoshop.


Thanks for bringing this to us.
 Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment